top of page
![]() Currently the site of 11 Tea Kettle Lane, now much altered. 1944. | ![]() Outside 26 High Street, Stetchworth. Norah, Edna and Gilbert Holland with Rusty (the dog). 1906 | ![]() Rear garden of 26 High St, Stetchworth. 1960s. |
---|---|---|
![]() Leslie Clark taken before he joined up for the first World War where he was wounded and lost a leg. Musks delivery cart in the forecourt of what is now Ivy Farmhouse. Musks sausages were first made in the barns. 1900-1920. | ![]() Stetchworth High Street showing the school and cottages. 1900-1910. | ![]() Stetchworth High Street showing the Post Office, the shop attached to Moot House and the thatched alms houses in the distance. 1930-1940. |
![]() Stetchworth, a barn in the grounds of the Live and Let Live public house, used for storage. Now converted to two dwellings. 1974. | ![]() Stetchworth Almshouses before and after renovation. 1957-1962. | ![]() Stetchworth High Street looking at number 30 from cottages now demolished and replaced by bungalows. 1929. |
![]() Round House, Stetchworth Ley. 1993. | ![]() Stetchworth Garage in the High Street. 1987. | ![]() Stetchworth Fire Station situated in the High Street next to the Old Post Office. Built by the Earl of Ellesmere in 1884. 1990. |
![]() Stetchworth Garage in the High Street. 1987. | ![]() Stetchworth - Watson's Barn off the High Street. Number 36 now occupies the site. 1970. | ![]() Granby Cottage, Stetchworth, demolished in 2005 to make way for housing development. 2004. |
![]() Granby Cottage, Stetchworth, demolished in 2005 to make way for housing development. 2004. | ![]() Stetchworth and Dullingham Royal British Legion Club. A house was later built on the old bowling green to the left of the Club.The Legion was demolished in 2015 and two houses built on the site. 1992. | ![]() Stetchworth Ley cottages. 1945-1955. |
![]() Garden house in Stetchworth House grounds. 1990. | ![]() The Ellesmere Centre Ley Road Stetchworth. Front view before car park extension. 1983-1985. | ![]() Bungalow in HIgh Street Stetchworth opposite Ivy Farm. Demolished to make way for numbers 16-24 High Street. 1992-1994. |
![]() Stetchworth Waver Pond, at the junction of High Street and Tea Kettle Lane. House occupied by Luke Webb. 1940-1960. | ![]() Bottom Shop, Stetchworth. 1989-1991. | ![]() Group of children outside The White Horse Inn, Stetchworth. 1914. |
![]() This cottage stood in High Street , Stetchworth until its demolition in the 1950s. It stood opposite 28 High Street. 1925-1935. | ![]() Live and Let Live Public House, High Street, Stetchworth. 1895-1915. | ![]() A postcard of Stetchworth. Showing the White Horse Hotel, the Pound and the tree on the green. 1925-1935. |
![]() Rose Villa, Tea Kettle Lane, Stetchworth. Now called Rose Lodge. 1900-1920. | ![]() The old tree was on the green at the North end of the High Street where the village sign now stands. Only one of the cottages remains, Stetchworth. 1895-1905. | ![]() The cottage which was burnt down in approx 1931. Situated near the entrance to the Ellesmere Centre, Stetchworth. 1925. |
![]() Children in the snow outside the Marquis of Granby public house, Stetchworth. 1900-1920. | ![]() Beaters meet at the White Horse Inn, Stetchworth. 1915-1925. | ![]() Mr and Mrs A Burling outside their burnt cottage said to be caused by a Clark & Butcher's steam wagon, now site of The Elllesmere Centre Stetchworth. 1929-1932. |
![]() View of Stetchworth High Street. The Alms Houses are on the extreme left with the Live and Let Live Public House on the left in the distance. 1904-1914. | ![]() The Almshouses, Stetchworth. The Elm tree behind stood at the gate to allotments, now the site of Jubilee Court. 1915-1925. | ![]() View of High Street, Stetchworth. The Marquis of Granby Public House is on the extreme left. 1910-1920. |
![]() Stone Row cottages. 1970. | ![]() The old mill, Mill Lane, Stetchwoth prior to its conversion to a private house. Courtesy: Cambridgeshire Collection. 1920-1940. | ![]() Cottage known as Duffers Cottage, Church Lane, Stetchworth. Courtesy: Cambridgeshire Collection. 1920-1940. |
![]() View of the High Street, Stetchworth. The Chapel is on the right. 1890-1910. | ![]() Children in the High Street, Stetchworth. The Post Office is in the background on the right. Courtesy: Cambridgeshire collection. 1890-1910. | ![]() Cottage formerly in the High Street, Stetchworth. |
![]() View of the High Street, Stetchworth. Lady, possibly Mrs Holland looking over the railings of no. 26. Courtesy: Cambridgeshire Collection. 1900-1920. | ![]() Cottages in the High Street, Stetchworth. Demolished in the 1950's. Opposite 28 High Street. Courtesy: Cambridgeshire Collection. 1925-1935. | ![]() The old Alms Houses, High Street, Stetchworth. Converted to flats by the Newmarket RDC in 1956. Courtesy: Cambridgeshire Collection. 1930s. |
![]() Junction of Tea Kettle Lane, Ley Rd and High Street, Stetchworth. Courtesy: Cambridgeshire Collection. 1925-1935. | ![]() Thatched cottage in The Alley, Stetchworth. Now demolished. Courtesy: Cambridgeshire Collection. 1925-1935. | ![]() Thatched cottage in Stetchworth. Now demolished site unknown. Courtesy: Cambridgeshire Collection. 1925-1935. |
![]() Thatched cottage in Stetchworth. Now demolished position unknown. Courtesy: Cambridgeshire Collection. 1925-1935. | ![]() Cottage next to Waver Pond, Stetchworth. Now demolished, Courtesy: Cambridgeshire Collection. 1925-1935. | ![]() Group of women and children in the High Street, Stetchworth.Courtesy:: Newmarket Journal. 1895-1905. |
![]() View of top of Teakettle Lane, Stetchworth.Courtesy: Newmarket Journal. 1900. | ![]() View of the Post Office and Co-Op stores. 1980. | ![]() Ellesmere Centre, Stetchworth. 1982-1985. |
![]() Rear view of the Ellesmere Centre, Stetchworth. To the right, the cricket pavilion. The small hall was opened in 1962. 1983-1985. | ![]() Lucy and Aaron Ginn pictured outside their home at The Green, Kirtling. 1910-1912. | ![]() Junction of Ley Rd and Teakettle Lane. 1900-1920. |
![]() High Street, Stetchworth with the chapel, near right. 1890-1910. | ![]() Farmyard of Ivy Farm, High St, Stetchworth. Site redeveloped in the 1990's. Now the site of 24 High Street. 1990. | ![]() A picture Post Card of Stetchworth Church. 1920-1940. |
![]() Cyclists outside The White Horse Inn, Stetchworth. 1910. | ![]() Round thatched cottage, London Road, Stetchworth. Now demolished.1950-1970. | ![]() Bottom shop, High Street, Stetchworth. 1910-1930. |
![]() Stetchworth House, prior to the demolition of the servant's quarters. 1910-1930. | ![]() Farm cottages, now demolished, opposite the entrance to Hall Farm, Stetchworth. 1960-1970. | ![]() Re-thatching the barn at Ivy Farm, Stetchworth. 1989. |
![]() Council flats in the High Street, Stetchworth. These were formerly almshouses, sold to the Council in 1956. 1950-1960. | ![]() The Lodge to Stetchworth House, at the corner of Cheveley Road. 1950-1960. | ![]() Cottages in High Street, owned at the time by Stechworth Estate. 1950-1960. |
![]() Corner of Mill Lane and Tea Kettle Lane, Stetchworth. 1950-1960. | ![]() Jubilee Court sheltered housing, Stetchworth. 1985-1987. | ![]() Ivy Farm, Stetchworth. The farm was originally owned by James Musk and was famous for producing sausages. 2010. |
![]() Musk's butchers shop, High Street, Newmarket. The shop was famous for its sausages. The company was established by James Musk, Ivy Farm, Stetchworth. 1976. | ![]() The Royal British Legion, High Street. Demolished in 2015 and replaced by two houses. 2010. | ![]() The Old Mill, Stetchworth. 1998-2002. |
![]() Ley Road, Stetchworth, showing the Working Yard on the right and on the left the large fir tree in the garden of 101 High Street. 1954-1958. | ![]() Stetchworth House, home of the Earl of Ellesmere. 1930-1940. | ![]() Lucy Marsh's cottages in Mill Lane, Stetchworth, taken from the playing fields. 1930-1940. |
![]() View of Stetchworth High Street, taken from the United Reform Church. 1998. | ![]() Postcard showing Dullingham Road (Tea Kettle Lane), Stetchworth. 1905-1915. | ![]() Cottage in The Alley, Stetchworth, now demolished. This was the home of the Wilson family. 1937. |
![]() Stetchworth residents George and Edie Wilson with Iris (Stockwell) outside cottage in The Alley. 1937. | ![]() The Mission Hall (old chapel) in Stetchworth. Source: Newmarket Journal. 1900. | ![]() Elevated view from Stechworth High Street, looking north-east. 2002. |
![]() The Nook, 26 Mill Lane, Stetchworth, home of Mr & Mrs A. Osbourn. The house was demolished in 2008. 2005. | ![]() Number 2 Church Lane Stetchworth. 1920-1940. | ![]() Stetchworth White Horse rose garden. 1915-1925. |
![]() Number 24 Mill Lane Stetchworth, home of Annie and George Osbourn. The house was demolished in 1990. 1989. | ![]() Article from the Newmarket Journal, marking the opening of the Ellesmere Centre, Stetchworth. 2009. | ![]() Small barn in front of Watson's Barn, High St., Stetchworth. 1976. |
![]() Cottages between Drake's farm and the Chapel, demolished to make way for bungalows. 1933-1943. | ![]() The old Co-op Shop, High Street, Stetchworth being used as a Farrier's workshop before demolition. It was replaced by a new house. 2003. | ![]() Dove House (Duffers), Church Lane, Stetchworth. 1920-1940. |
![]() Stetchworth Police House , High Street, shortly before demolition. It was replaced by two new houses. 2002. | ![]() The water tower, located in what is now the entrance to Stroller's Way, Stetchworth. | ![]() Stetchworth House before demolition of servants' quarters. 1943-1953. |
bottom of page